Dog Breeds That Don’t Shed
There’s only about two bad things that come with owning a dog. One being shedding. There are many reasons why people look for light shedding dogs. Some include: allergies, maintenance, cleanliness etc. For whatever reason your looking for a modest shedder we’ve got you covered!
Photo by: @standard_poodle_pals
1. Poodle – Known for their curly coat and cute hair cuts. These pooches do not shed. You will very rarely see fur flying with this breed. However, they do require frequent grooming to keep up with their growing fur. Trimmings will ensure their is no shedding.
2. Scottish Terrier – This loyal furiend is a great breed to consider! They are wire-coated, which tends to be easier on shedding. Since this coat type is a little bit rougher, it doesn’t require extensive maintenance. Usually, Scottish Terriers only need a trim once or twice a year.
Photo by: @mars.the.whippet
3. Whippet – This speedy breed is a medium-sized dog with a short coat. Their silk fur makes them a great candidate for anyone who doesn’t want a lot of fluff. They don’t require haircuts or grooming, but it is important to keep their coat healthy and clean.
4. Scottish Deerhound – This breed is not as common as some of the others, but well deserved a mention! They also have a wiry coat. It is crucial to brush these dogs weekly, because their fur can become matted easily. If you come across this breed, don’t look any further!
Photo by: @rocketthesaluki
5. Saluki – This Egyptian dog is royal and regal! With such a short coat, they don’t require much maintenance and just need to be kept clean and brushed. Their shedding should be minimal. They do have a little bit longer hair around their ears and tail.
6. Puli – A very unique breed indeed! These Hungarian sweethearts will always turn heads. Their long coat resembles a mop head, but don’t let that fool you! They don’t shed. It is also common for them to be trimmed short to prevent matting.
Photo by: @sammy__the__schnauzer
7. Shnauzer – This can apply for mini, giant and standard Shnauzers. These dogs barely shed due to their double layer coat. However, because of their long fur it is recommended they get a trim. Even their mustaches continues to grow!
8. Portuguese Water Dog – Considered hypoallergenic, this breed is a super awesome choice for a family pet! They love the water and have the perfect coat for it. While all dogs have dander; the Portuguese Water Dog is the closest you can get to shed free.
Fun Fact: President Barack Obama owned a Portuguese Water Dog named Bo while residing in the White House!
Photo by: @wringley_golden.doodle
8. Golden-doodle – This mixed breed beauty is becoming very popular and easy to find! They tend to keep the coat style of the Poodle and the color of the Golden Retriever. This is another dog considered to be hypoallergenic.
9. Bichon Frise – One of The AKC’s top picks for people with allergies who want a dog. They are bred to be hypoallergenic. Since they do not shed, it is important to keep up with their growing coat. Grooming is a must!
10. Afghan Hound – This high energy breed is at the top of non-shedding dogs! They have a long luxurious coat that requires pampering. Exchange your vacuum for frequent bathes and brushing.
- You Can Customize Almost ANYTHING To Have Your Pet On It!
- My Inexpensive Amazon Shopping List for Dog Owners!
- Incredible Facts About the Bluetick Coonhound That Will Make You Want One!
- Genesis & Gunner’s Pick | Hodge House Bandana Co.
- Genesis & Gunner’s Pick | Benebone
Categories: Dog Related Content